Thursday, October 25, 2007

Prenatal Yoga

I went to a pre-natal yoga class this morning, and it was really quite a good experience. There were about 15 other pregnant women who ranged from 8 weeks pregnant to 1-day overdue. Several there were in their 36-38 week of pregnancy. It seemed that most of them had been doing yoga throughout. The teacher was a mother of 2 (4 and 7yrs), and I liked her. We went around the room to introduce ourselves - giving some background information - and then she commented on any of our issues/concerns/wishes, etc. I did end up telling the group about my (or should I say Caper's) current situation/position, and although she complemented me on being calm (I tried to pretend I am; and I've been a bit better the last 24 hours), she did advise me to take some action NOW rather than wait. Great. She definitely recommended the Chinese accupuncture (moxi...) and a few other things, which I have tried...like sticking my butt in the air and playing music at the birth canal opening, etc. Nobody else piped up as if they have been in my shoes. Oh dear. Caper is still moving quite a bit but I am getting all kinds of weird feelings with his/her movements. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how she/he might be laying. Come on, Caper, be a rule-follower like your Daddy and Mommy!!! Oh, just the beginning of years of worrying...

As for the yoga itself, it felt pretty good, and although it's not exercise like I'm used to, it was great to stretch (need to do it more!) and breath through some tough positions. I think I may go back.

No comments: