Michelle & I got up and went to yoga this morning. I did the prenatal and she did the "Hatha Flow". I hardly had the chance to ask her how it was as after class ended, she told me that she had gotten several calls and that Grandma Lynn was not doing well. Apparently, she is on oxygen and her feet are blue. So things don't look good. Needless to say, Dad and she got in the car to drive back to LA -- about 12:30pm today. Hopefully they will make it in time to spend some time with Grandma before she finally goes. I hope, for her sake, that she does. I think she's been wanting to be done for a long while now. We told her back in April that I was pregnant and I hardly doubt she understands or realizes that. But just last week I was thinking "Wow, I can't believe Caper may actually get to 'meet' Grandma and vice versa." I just can't believe the timing of it all, and I'm sad that I couldn't go too -- but there's just no way. As Michelle says, it's all kind of spiritual - the passing of one life and the birth of another. Maybe Caper will be a girl after all!
Anyway, that has certainly led to some distraction in the family which, in some ways, is probably a good thing. I think Caper is still at least a few days away so we'll have to see what happens. I haven't had any contractions yet and can't really say I'm miserable. Maybe I'm just extremely mentally tough. HA! :) I know that Neal is very anxious for Caper to come though. So hopefully it won't be TOO long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melinda, I am so sorry about the passing of Grandma Lynn. She would be dancing up a storm if she could. She will see Caper from the big house and will be sending her love from there.
Post a Comment