Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

There were 9 of us here, at our house, for Thanksgiving - Neal, me, Pamela, Neal's mom (Mary), Dad & Mom, Uncle Dwight and Teta Debbie, and Teta Gin. It was strange not to be in LA but I enjoyed hosting it and having a mellow weekend without all the driving. I was able to get a few things done on Monday before Mary came and then, she and I were able to do some prep on Tuesday and some more on Wednesday...so Thursday was relatively easy. Although, my mom and Mary did most of the work that day! :) Here are the two of them prepping the 24lb bird about 7:30am that morning. I watched and learned. Ha.


We even had a family-style dinner and passed the dishes around the table (and then set them on the buffet behind us). It made for a different but intimate occasion. It was really nice to have Teta Debbie and Uncle Dwight here - they had been in Napa for the week and made the trip down for the day. We watched football, talked and even played a little Wii. After dinner, several of us took a walk around the lake in the park and enjoyed the beautiful weather in San Francisco.


The rest of the weekend was more of the same - football, walks in the park and to the beach, and just hanging out. We did decide to go to Ghiradelli Square for the lighting of the 50ft tree and had dinner down in Fisherman's Wharf which was a nice treat (thanks, Pam!) :) Unfortunately, mom's eyes are closed (what else is new?) but check out my belly (and excuse the see-through-ness of my shirt)! Good grief.


Everyone has returned home safely, I believe, so all is well. We will see everyone again soon!!

2 comments:

Georgia-mom said...

Great visit to the city...Thanks Melinda for hosting such a memorable Thanksgiving. We just might do this more often! Lucky Neal...We're waiting to see you soon again!

Anonymous said...

Hey I got my picture on the internet. I've not read the whole thing yet but wanted you to know I'm think about you. Come on Caper