Saturday, November 3, 2007

More classes and getting closer...almost 36 weeks!

Since the Childbirth Preparation class, Neal attended the "For Expectant Days Only" class (last Tuesday) and we went to the "Baby Signs" class together (this morning). It's all becoming a reality. I must say that Neal was quite cute on Tuesday night when he got home about 10pm. I was up baking pumpkin bread and making caramel corn and carving the pumpkin for Halloween. (This was the night of the Earthquake (5.6 in San Jose area) and I was home alone with candles lit and freaked out just a little). Anyway, when he got home, he started going on and on about all the things that were on his mind. I'm sorry that it was as late as it was and that we didn't have more time or focus because he has lost some of the that immediate excitement/attentiveness since then. Oh well. :) The other night I said to Neal, "Can you believe that in about a month, it'll never be just the two of us again?" That is a crazy thought. As much as I want the anxiety associated with Caper being born and healthy and all of that to be over, I think I'll take as much time as I can get (well, until about November 30th or so!)

This Tuesday evening we are going to a "Breastfeeding" class and on Sunday, a "Newborn Parenting" class. That will be the end of our formal (:)) education. In one breath, it's crazy that there actually ARE these classes, and in another, it's amazing that that's all the prep we get! We'll be fine. Right? Yes, I am sure. Good grief.

The days are passing quickly now. I am really trying to use my time to get ready but also stay calm and rested too. I had a fairly busy week but mostly doing things that I enjoy and not being "productive" in the getting-ready way. I went to yoga on Tuesday and Thursday. I also went swimming on Friday (mostly to encourage Caper's position) and did some hand-stands in the water too. Quite a site; and not as easy as it is when I'm not pregnant. I haven't been walking hardly at all because 1) it's getting more difficult and 2) I'm afraid to have Caper engage/drop in the wrong way. Thus, the alternative kinds of exercise -- so that I don't feel totally gross.

I also spent the day on Wednesday at Mid-Pen visiting with former co-teachers and students and enjoying the Halloween festivities. It was a very nostalgic experience, and I really enjoyed myself. Mid-Pen had their last cross country race on Thursday also so I went to cheer them on (my little freshman is now a Jr. and it was fun to watch him run well!); and Lick ran on Friday in GG Park, so I, of course, went to that too.

I started the Pregnancy/Baby Book for Caper that I've been intending to do... and hopefully I'll continue now that I'm jump-started.

We have a fairly busy weekend yet ahead of us and then I go for my 36 week appointment on Monday.

More news: Scott & Katie had their son, Isaac James, on October 28th. It will be fun to get together with them (in Sacramento) once Caper is here!

2 comments:

Georgia-mom said...

You're sounding in good spirits Melinda and I am happy to hear that. Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving at your home this year. We have a lot to be thankful for! God Bless....Love, Mom

Meesho said...

I second that! You sound great because you're gunna be great! I am very proud of you. :) (and I am happy for Scott and Katie)