Sunday, October 28, 2007

Growing up

This morning/afternoon we had brunch at our house with Tammy and Lisa, my Girl Scout friends, and their "significant others". I've known Tam since 1st grade, I believe, and Lisa since maybe 3rd. She & I also played soccer together around that time. Tam and Red came in from Sacramento and were headed north for the night afterwards, and Lisa and Jason came from Livermore with their two girls, Amber (~22mo.) and Megan (~6mo.). Lisa and Jason brought us a bunch of baby things as Megan has grown out of much of it already and they are stopping with her... :) Again, it's hard to believe a little one can use SO much for SO little time.
Anyway, I forgot to take pictures during brunch, but here are few from the day.



Just the girls:


Lisa, Neal & Megan enjoying a little San Francisco sun on the deck. It was warm!!


Time for a nap - The boys & Megan catch a few zzzs.


In other news, we went to our Childbirth Preparation class yesterday at the hospital. Neal & I agreed that our teacher, an R.N., was pretty good and that we enjoyed the day. It was a long day (9am-5pm); but luckily they let us lie on the floor on mats with pillows for a good portion of it. Thank goodness because I was getting a tad uncomfortable in the chair - or should I say, I was absolutely miserable for a little while! I was having some lower abdominal cramps and I wanted to fall asleep. Oh dear. In some ways, I am excited for the challenge of labor, (assuming Caper let's me even go into it!!!), and I didn't feel this way before the class. So we'll see. Oh goodness.

1 comment:

Georgia-mom said...

You're going to do great my dear! Glad you and Neal at least got to a class to see and hear about child birth together. You'll be a great team, no doubts!! Love, Mom