To clarify, for my own records especially... At Kacie's 21month Dr.
appointment, I estimated that she could communicate about 100 words.
Now these "words" were not all clearly spoken - in fact many of the
were more like sounds. Like "moa" for milk or her tongue waggling for
banana. But she always says the same thing for that object. And yes,
many were actual words. She was also just really starting to practice
putting words together. "Bo Dada" (go daddy!) or "bye Baba" (or
whomever). Now, at 23 months I've totally lost track of what she can
say. She is adding many words by the day. Gaining confidence, etc. She
is still difficult to understand but she is getting clearer. Her best
sounds are, obviously, b/d/m/p/w but she is also getting n and t. And
then some random stuff like hi. But then she doesn't really say
hat...she says. Ah. Or something like that. Anyway, maybe I'll try to
add some videos of her talking to document this developing skill. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment