15 months - that sounds old. We go for her check-up tomorrow which is an always appreciated session. Not to mention, Kacie's had this cough/cold for close to 4 weeks now. I called the doctor after 2 weeks and she said that there wasn't really anything they could do for it (she explained the typical course a cold runs, etc. and I felt encouraged by the conversation)...but I've been wondering if it's something more than just a cold. But, she hasn't been too miserable and hasn't had a fever or anything so I haven't been too concerned. But I do worry that this cough is still there. We'll see tomorrow.
She also just got her bottom (left of the middle) tooth last week. This is her 5th. Goodness, she's 15 months old and has 4.1 teeth. Is that normal?!?! It seems that the other bottom one and one of the top ones could be close behind but we'll see.
She's added a FEW words to her vocabulary and seems to be starting to try to mimic me a LITTLE more than she was before. She can now say Teta and Baba both fairly clearly...in addition to Mama, Dada, and ball (bwah). She has a word for Duck although it sounds like "duh" and her dog is still "da". Cheese and please also still sound kind of like "eeez" but she does sign both of them. Ball, balloon, bicycle...all kind of sound like "bwah" or something like that. She's attempted to say "Kacie" but it doesn't sound a whole lot like it should. Today she sort of tried to say "bye" other than just to wave which is what she usually does if we say, "Can you say 'hi' or 'bye'?" Teacher Doris, at Mommy & Me, thinks that Kacie is ready to explode with language which is a relief because frankly I've been a little worried at how little she says. But I've been encouraged by the last week or two with some of what I've seen. And I swear this child doesn't really want to do anything unless she KNOWS she can.
The last few days Kacie has also shown some increased interest in eating (thank goodness). This morning she ate a whole banana, a cup of yogurt (which she fed most of to herself from a bowl with a spoon (and didn't spill too much!) and a good few handfuls of puffins. She LOVES to have scrambled eggs but I try to limit them to at least every other day...although today she did have an egg salad sandwich (I mixed the egg with cottage cheese and she loved it). Anyway, about an hour after breakfast she was doing the "eat" sign again looking for something more. This is unusual for her but I am encouraged! She's also been a little better about trying new foods as well. I think I am a little hard on her; she's really not that bad.
Speaking of eating, Sunday night we went to Teta Vonnie's for dinner. Kacie sat at the big little kids table with Joe, Will and Luke. They finished their meal in about 5 minutes and were off to play but Kacie was perfectly content to sit there (again) for at least 15-20 eating her noodles (and taking more from their plates), asparagus/green beans (ok, she didn't eat a WHOLE lot of them) and mostly a lot of meat off the delicious ribs. She was one happy girl.
Here are a few pictures from the night:
Last night as we were getting dinner ready and Kacie was looking for some of her own food/ getting bored, I gave her a pot and wooden spoon and asked her to make some soup. I asked her if she was making chicken soup or minestrone or....whatever...but she was quite entertained stirring it up and 'tasting' it as she went. It was hilarious.
Sometimes, she is really really a sweet one.
No comments:
Post a Comment