I wish I had time to write down the things this kid says (and could capture that little speech-impaired voice) because he just makes me smile. The simplest things but just too funny. (like all kids). And the little hand motions he does to go with some of his explanations ("the yines and sqwigglies yook yike the ocean"). And the non-stop, sweet little things. He's such a joy these days.
I'm trying to write them down while he continues talking to me (the girls are still in bed) ("mom" "mom") and he just keeps talking and talking which is why I never write this stuff down because I can't ever remember them when I'm not "in the moment" with him.
Things like "look, mom, my hand is red (wed) (as covers his flashlight with his hand). I fink I'm tuwning into a stwawbewwy."
"mommy, when I went poop, I fwushed, and it didn't even wake up Cwawa and Kacie." (with a surprised/happy face).
They don't sound too sweet when I write them...but I guess I'm writing them for myself. To remember these sweet little moments.
...
And then the oldest 5 year old walks in and immediately scowls, screams at her brother and demands breakfast. Sigh. I wish I could remember the times when I had these sweet little moments with her.
...
We've "started over" and she's sweet now too. Oh parenthood. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment