Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of School!

Just dropped off Kacie and Calvin at their first day of preschool. I am home now and Clara is napping. I almost don't know what to do with myself! ALMOST. :) Perhaps I will actually get around to updating the blog now. But for now, I'll just write about today.

My sadness immediately turned to joy and freedom as Calvin screeched with excitement and ran through the campus en route to his classroom where he had been only once before (15 minutes last Friday). He is so ready and so excited. He didn't even want to kiss me goodbye!! :-/ I know there will be challenges along the way but I am glad that we have made this decision to have him go and I think it will be a good experience for him. There are 3 teachers in his class and as of now only 6 students (there are others scheduled to start once they turn 2, I think). I believe that 10 is the maximum number of students they will take. How wonderful! I love both of their lead teachers so much and have heard nothing but great things. And the assistants all seem great as well. I love that they are there together. I think it is so sweet. Kacie is also so excited about school although was much more shy than Calvin was. Here are a few pictures.

I couldn't get the two of them to stand together but once I told them to stand next to Clara, Calvin finally cooperated. How hilarious is this picture?!

Kacie putting on her dressups first thing. oh dear.


Checking out the new tiny fish


After dropping off Calvin and taking Kacie to her classroom, I went back to check on Calvin. He was busy telling his teacher about all the animals he saw on the bulletin board. And then he continued on in his own world like a kid in a candy shop. After exchanging "thumbs up" with the teacher, I was on my way home to put a tired Clara to sleep.



All smiles here. :)

No comments: