Monday, August 16, 2010

I have not forgotten

Despite how it appears, I have not given up on the blog and have had intention after intention of writing a post and just haven't made it a priority. Don't even ask me how the baby books are coming along!! (Oh dear.)

We had a great misfortune in the last week -- our external hard-drive that is used almost solely for storing pictures crashed and we seem to have lost everything (since October!!). I haven't given up complete hope yet (or maybe I am just in denial) but needless to say I have realized that if I had at least kept up with the blog, we'd have a few pictures saved to document this rapidly moving life we are leading. And I have also learned the vital necessity to back things up! (Although I've learned this lesson before too; and I guess not well enough).

A LOT has happened in the last almost 6 months. Good grief. Calvin is now 13 months old (today). Kacie has gone from talking in just words and short sentences to talking nonstop and making up friends and stories. I could go through the months and remind myself of all that we've done but I'd never remember it all. It has been a journey that I have enjoyed (about 95% of the time! ;) and days that I am sure I will forget (my memory does fail me) but times that I will always cherish for these are very special times.

So I shall start today. With today. Perhaps I will add in a past picture or two when appropriate or possible as time goes on...

But I vow (to myself) to take a moment (much) more frequently than I have and write down a thing or two! :)

No comments: