Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sick

I've been sick for the last 3 weeks! What a disaster. First strep throat...then bronchitis...then I lost my voice as a result of the bronchitis (maybe?) or perhaps it was laryngitis. And sinus pressure/headaches like you wouldn't believe. Regardless, I've been pretty dang miserable. Both kids were sick too...first, Kacie had a cough and runny nose...which then turned into pink eye and an ear infection and a worse cough. Poor Calvin held strong for a while and then picked up both of those as well...but 2 ear infections!...and also a case of bronchiolitis (potentially?). I was giving eye drops 3x/day, antibiotics 2x/day (Kacie loved; Calvin HATED), and a periodic breathing treatment to both kids. Both Calvin and I had chest xrays for pneumonia which turned out to be negative in both cases. Thankfully. OH. MY. GOD. What a nightmare.

I am still not 100% but feeling a lot better. Still on an antibiotic (2nd one!) and praying I don't relapse! My voice is partially back and that in and of itself makes life much easier.

This whole ordeal has really emphasize the need to stay healthy as it's much easier to stay healthy than to get healthy. I have been pretty badly sick 2x since Calvin was born -- and I must say that I usually avoid getting hit by the bugs. I haven't been this sick in I don't know how long.

I am going to try to get caught up on the blog this weekend. Hopefully. So look for continued posts.

Looking forward to seeing some of you soon. We have been virtually housebond for WAY too long. I've just about lost it entirely on a couple of occasions.

No comments: