Friday, October 23, 2009

Surrendering

...to the day. Again. Feeling confused. Frustrated. Tired. Hopeless.

What should I be expecting from a 3 month old?? I am just having the
hardest time getting this kid to nap. He is so inconsistent and
unpredictable. I try to encourage a routine and then i end up
abandoning it because it doesn't seem to work.

And there's not a chance in the world I can get him to fall asleep on
his own...except at night. Sometimes he does it then. But during the
day, if I put him down when he's very, very drowsy and think he'll for
sure just go to sleep, his eyes pop right open and there we go again.

So here we are.

2 comments:

teta P! said...

he just loves being held. "the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." :)

Evan and Robin Sorem said...

I'm here to chat any time - day or night. By 4 months, he'll have it down. I know it seems like eternity while you're going through it, but you'll look back on it and wonder where the time has gone.