For anyone who happens to read the blog who hasn't already heard the news, we had a baby boy on Thursday night. See some stats and pictures at: http://karchem.org/Calvin/
I did opt for an epidural and have to say, if it wasn't an option for me, I don't think I'd ever have another child! I don't know how women have done it for so many years. I admit that I was praying I could handle the pain and do it without anything but with the intensity of the contractions and after a 4.5cm dilation report, I got psyched out! However, just like with Kacie, I was fully dilated about 45 minutes after the epidural was in (well, 9 after 30). They waited a bit for the baby to finish descending and after 2 pushes, he was out. Again, like Kacie, there was meconium in the water (worse than with her) and so they had to sunction him again and make sure all was ok. All seems to be fine. We are still at the hospital but getting ready to go home very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment